Associate director, social
Stella Rising, is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director, Social to support the maintenance and growth of social media services. The right candidate should be customer centric, data driven, detail oriented, and possess a love for storytelling and all things social. With a core focus on social advertising, community management, influencer activation, content planning, and North America-based execution, this role will report into the Senior Director, Client Strategy & Retail Media and will be integral to the vertical’s effort to acquire new social media clients, drive profitable growth, and generate cutting-edge, social media best practices.
The Associate Director, Social will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that relies on strong cross-functional relationships and excellent judgment. This is a senior level role you be responsible for overseeing social strategy (paid, organic, influencer), execution, and development and management of the social team assigned. The Associate Director, Social will be tasked with developing coherent ongoing communication strategies across channels, overseeing channel communities as well as driving key 360 initiatives in the social space (e.g., key product launch, brand campaigns, influencer activations). In building these strategies, this leader will leverage brand DNA and assets, consumer trends, new technologies, best practices, and innovation from the social landscape. This position will be fully remote.
Regular responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day development and management of the vertical’s social media team and servicing of the client roster, including the development of proactive strategies and tactics, managing all steps necessary for their implementation, and the measurement of their effectiveness
- Lead the development and execution of best-in-class organic social strategy across all platforms, content curation, community management and influencer marketing to support overarching brand strategies
- Drive content strategy for influencer marketing, pairing the business needs with authentic influencer content creation
- Build/support the continued evolution of the agency’s social media offerings by partnering with the other social leads in updating social media strategy guidelines, capabilities, and departmental assets
- Prepare and deliver clear, professional, client communications regarding social strategy and reporting insights
- Ensure the vertical’s social media posts and media plans are of the highest quality, make full use of new and emerging technologies and practices, and represent the values and priorities of the agency
- Manage client’s paid media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn; optimize media spend based on business objectives
- Use Google Analytics, NetBase, SimplyMeasured, Facebook Insights and other social tools to drive channel insights
- Analyze channel performance and translate data into actionable recommendations that can be presented to clients and team members in weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reports
- Benchmark channel performance and initiatives within the industry
- Track and synthesize ongoing trends in social media to ensure we are best in class (in the sphere, among direct competitors, etc.)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Position requires 7+ years of social media (organic and paid) experience
- Demonstrated ability to execute and optimize social media advertising campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, and LinkedIn Ads; Facebook Blueprint Certification is a plus!
- Must possess pro-active critical thinking skills and the ability to take initiative, anticipate next steps and offer recommendations and solutions with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Should be a self-starter and have a keen ability to work on multiple projects and lead a team
- Must be professional team-player, flexible, positive, engaged, responsible, creative and willing to continually learn with the potential and desire to assume increased responsibility
- Must be organized and highly detail-oriented, double-checking work with unprompted follow-through
- Analytically strong with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities as it relates to real time marketing
- A solid understanding of appropriate posting techniques on each social platform
- Experience using listening and reporting tools like Facebook Insights, NetBase, and Google Analytics
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of SEO and SEM a plus
Stella Rising offers a collaborative work environment where employees come first. In addition to surprising and delighting our team, we offer an environment where employee learning and recognition comes first. Working with top talent in the industry, the company places high priority on taking care of our team through a highly competitive benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life insurance, a 401k with company match, happiness and technology reimbursements, home office setup support, and over 50 days of PTO including Summer Fridays. As a winner of Ad Age and Inc.’s Best Workplace, we care a lot about our employees! If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send a resume and any work samples you are most proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form on this page.
Due the volume of candidates, we will only contact qualified candidates.
THIS COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER