Stella Rising is the leading marketing and media agency for spirited, high-growth consumer brands and service companies.
As a result of client growth, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic SEO Manager to join our team. This role will be on a team of SEOs that work on technically challenging accounts, however, the role will also address other areas of SEO such as on-page and off-site. As the winner of the Large Agency of the Year, SEO, awarded by Search Engine Land Awards, you will be working with the best and brightest in the field. The right candidate must be able to work proficiently in a fully remote environment.
As SEO Manager you will:
- Lead client strategy, deliverables, tasks, and resources associated with 4-6 clients autonomously.
- Manage and execute implementation of SEO strategy including mastery of all of our department deliverables and processes.
- Advanced ability to develop strategies for clients that are outside the box and go beyond our normal course of deliverables.
- Manage communications and relationships with designated client accounts. This includes daily and weekly email and phone correspondence, as well as occasional in-person meetings.
- Gather all pertinent facts and performance statistics for a client’s website and formulate a comprehensive campaign strategy based on client’s goals, available resources/budget, and SEO best practices.
- Perform all on-site optimization, including (but not limited to) optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
- Perform technical auditing of client websites, competitive analyses, as well as site architecture audits.
- Use client’s performance data and competitive insights to develop an off-site strategy to support SEO efforts.
- Develop and implement link building campaigns in partnership with client teams, internal teams or PR teams.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings.
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Have a solid understanding of new developments in SEO, such as Rich Snippets implementation, including Schema.org markup, Open Graph protocol, the various algorithm updates, and more.
- Collect all relevant performance metrics and create compelling and user-friendly reports for clients on a monthly basis. Clients may also require more frequent reporting or communications.
- Create presentations for client use on an as-needed basis under tight deadlines.
- Independently research current SEO methodologies to supplement on-the-job training in order to broaden SEO skill set.
- Contribute to departmental development by collaborating with SEO and other marketing teams to innovate or streamline SEO techniques for use on client campaigns.
- Effectively manage 1-2 resources including training and effective time management for resource allocation.
- Manage conference and award application calendars and be project manager for award submissions.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development
- Occasional contribution to the company blog and at least one social media community.
- Assistance in developing client pitches, as well as at times presenting to new business opportunities.
- Strong in-person meeting skills (polished presentation abilities, professional etiquette etc.)
To be highly successful in this role, you will have the following core skills:
- Must have experience managing SEO campaigns start to finish, concept to execution.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle large, complex projects.
- A good attitude is a must!
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and feel comfortable making presentations both internally and to clients.
- Must have strong MS Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Must have experience with Google Analytics, Webtrends, Coremetrics, Hitwise, or other major web analytics programs.
- Must be knowledgeable in HTML – you should be able to read code and identify certain elements.
- Must have strong quantitative analytical skills – numbers should excite you, not scare you.
- Must love data (bonus points if you have an interesting data story to tell)
- Previous agency experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Brightedge, Moz, SEMRush or other SEO software is a plus.
- A strong willingness to learn is crucial!
- Demonstrated understanding of and participation in social media is also highly desirable.
- Above all, it should be obvious that you live, breathe, eat and sleep digital marketing!
Stella Rising is a women-led company that prizes diversity, creativity, hard work and intelligence, while keeping warmth, balance and human understanding at the core of our values. Named an Ad Age Best Workplace 2022 and Inc Best Workplace in 2021 and 2022, the company fosters an energetic and collaborative work environment where employees come first. In addition to surprising and delighting our team, we offer an environment where employee learning and recognition is prioritized. We take care of our team through a highly competitive benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life insurance, a 401k with company match, wellness and technology reimbursements, home office setup support, over 7 weeks of PTO, and Summer Fridays. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send a resume and any work samples you are most proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on this page.
Due the volume of candidates, we will only contact qualified candidates.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please fill out the form on this page.
THIS COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER