Stella Rising is the leading marketing and media agency for spirited, high-growth consumer brands and service companies. It is our mission to connect these brands with the people who will love them—through creative communication, technology, media, and human engagement. We thrive due to our collaborative, entrepreneurial environment and modern, human-centric approach.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic search engine optimization (SEO) professional to join our SEO department. A winner of Search Engine Land’s Large Agency of the Year, SEO award, Stella Rising’s team comprises the best and brightest in the field.
Regular responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead client strategy, deliverables, tasks, and resources associated with 4-6 clients autonomously.
- Manage and execute the implementation of SEO strategy including mastery of all of our department deliverables and processes.
- Advanced ability to develop strategies for clients that are outside the box and go beyond our normal course of deliverables.
- Manage communications and relationships with designated client accounts. This includes daily and weekly email and phone correspondence, as well as occasional in-person meetings.
- Gather all pertinent facts and performance statistics for a client’s website and formulate a comprehensive campaign strategy based on the client’s goals, available resources/budget, and SEO best practices.
- Perform all on-site optimization, including (but not limited to) optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
- Perform technical auditing of client websites, competitive analyses, as well as site architecture audits.
- Use client’s performance data and competitive insights to develop an off-site strategy to support SEO efforts.
- Develop and implement link building campaigns in partnership with client teams, internal teams or PR teams.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings.
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Have a solid understanding of new developments in SEO, such as Rich Snippets implementation, including Schema.org markup, Open Graph protocol, the various algorithm updates, and more.
- Collect all relevant performance metrics and create compelling and user-friendly reports for clients on a monthly basis. Clients may also require more frequent reporting or communications.
- Create presentations for client use on an as-needed basis under tight deadlines.
- Independently research current SEO methodologies to supplement on-the-job training in order to broaden SEO skill set.
- Contribute to departmental development by collaborating with SEO and other marketing teams to innovate or streamline SEO techniques for use on client campaigns.
- Effectively managing 1-2 resources including training and effective time management for resource allocation.
- Manage conference and award application calendars and be project manager for award submissions.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development.
- Occasional contribution to the company blog and at least one social media community.
- Assistance in developing client pitches, as well as at times presenting to new business opportunities.
- Strong in-person meeting skills (polished presentation abilities, professional etiquette etc.)
Stella Rising offers an exciting work environment in the heart of New York City. In addition to working with a team of dynamic and fun professionals who absolutely love what they do, we also offer a fantastic benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance, happy hours on Thursdays, commuter benefits and, during the summer, a Summer Friday abbreviated work schedule. We care a lot about our employees’ work/life balance; you know what they say about all work and no play!
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please fill out the form on this page.
THIS COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER