Stella Rising is the leading marketing and media agency for spirited, high-growth consumer brands and service companies.
As a result of client growth, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic SEO Strategist to join our team. This role will be on a team of SEOs that work on technically challenging accounts however the role will also address other areas of SEO such as on-page and off-site. As the winner of the Large Agency of the Year, SEO, awarded by Search Engine Land “Landy Awards”, you will be working with the best and brightest in the field. The right candidate must be able work proficiently in a fully remote environment.
Regular responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead client strategy, deliverables, tasks, and resources associated with up to 4-6 clients autonomously.
- Manage and execute implementation of SEO strategy including mastery of all of our department deliverables and processes with a focus on technical SEO
- Advanced ability to develop strategies for clients that are outside the box and go beyond our normal course of deliverables.
- Manage communications and relationships with designated client accounts. This includes daily and weekly email and phone correspondence, as well as occasional in-person meetings.
- Gather all pertinent facts and performance statistics for a client’s website and formulate a comprehensive campaign strategy based on client’s goals, available resources/budget, and SEO best practices.
- In addition to technical SEO this role would perform all on-site optimization, including (but not limited to) optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
- Perform technical auditing of client websites, competitive analyses, as well as site architecture audits
- Use client’s data and competitive insights to develop an off-site strategy to support SEO efforts
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals
- Have a solid understanding of new developments in SEO, such core web vitals, recent core algorithm updates, new structured data formats, and new SERP features
- Collect all relevant performance metrics and create compelling and user-friendly reports for clients on a monthly basis. Clients may also require more frequent reporting or communications.
- Contribute to departmental development by collaborating with SEO and other marketing teams to innovate or streamline SEO techniques for use on client campaigns.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development
- Occasional contribution to the company blog and at least one social media community
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have 4+ years’ experience managing SEO campaigns start to finish, concept to execution with a focus on technical SEO
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle large, complex projects and websites with over 100K pages
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and feel comfortable making presentations both internally and to clients
- Must have strong MS Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Must have experience with Google Analytics, and DataStudio
- Must be “conversant” in HTML – you should be able to read code and identify certain elements
- Understanding of Edge SEO technologies to implement work is ideal but not required
- Must be comfortable crawling very large websites and extracting insights
- Experience with Python highly desired but not required
- Must have strong quantitative analytical skills
- Must love data (bonus points if you have an interesting data story to tell)
- Previous agency experience is highly required
- Previous experience with Moz, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, OnCrawl, ContentKing, Deepcrawl or other SEO tools.
- A strong willingness to learn is crucial!
- Self-motivated and able to work proficiently in a remote environment.
Stella Rising offers a collaborative work environment where employees come first. In addition to surprising and delighting our team, we offer an environment where employee learning and recognition comes first. In addition to working with top talent in the industry, the company places high priority on taking care of our team through a highly competitive benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life insurance, a 401k with company match, wellness and technology reimbursements, home office setup support, over 7 weeks of PTO, and Summer Fridays. As a winner of Inc.’s Best Workplace and Ad Age 2022 Best Places to Work, we care a lot about our employees' happiness. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send a resume and any work samples you are most proud of to email@example.com.
Due the volume of candidates, we will only contact qualified candidates.
THIS COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER