A good hair day can do a lot to boost a woman's confidence. It's a simple fact that when your hair looks good, you feel good. But for the millions of American women facing permanent hair loss, every day feels like a bad hair day. Whether it's genetics, stress, or damage from over-processing, 46 million adult women in the U.S. face thinning hair or hair loss. Here, we look at how consumers are dealing with hair loss and how brands can help to address their concerns.
5 Things Beauty and Hair Care Brands Should Know About Women Suffering from Hair Loss
1. 60% would rather have more hair than money or friends
2. 47% would spend their life savings to regain a full head of hair
3. 30% would give up sex if it meant they could get their hair back
4. women who suffer from chronic stress are 32% more likely to suffer hair loss
5. 40% of women over 18 say they have thinning hair or permanent hair loss
Women's Marketing has helped some of the biggest indie beauty brands create marketing strategies that succeed. Discover how Women’s Marketing’s suite of beauty marketing services can help deliver your message to the consumers who matter most to your brand. Contact us today to get started.
Stella Rising is the top independent media, marketing services, and business consulting firm for rising star brands. We drive growth through our insights framework, understanding of the consumer and brand landscape, and extensive experience in beauty, food, health, and retail.