What consumers consider "healthy" constantly evolves and manufacturers are constantly struggling to keep up with the latest diet trends. Today, consumers aren't looking for quick fixes to lose weight, they understand that long-term changes to their diet are necessary. Here, we look at the emerging trends in the weight loss industry.
Now that consumers have largely left fad diets behind, wellness and food brands can focus their marketing efforts on the benefits of healthy eating and other science-based approaches to weight loss. Let our expertise in reaching the female consumers when they're most receptive to your message guide your marketing efforts. Contact us today to learn what we can do for your brand.
5 Statistics About Diet Trends in the U.S. in 2016 You Need to Know
1. 66% of Americans are currently on a diet
2. 46% of dieters say setting specific goals helps them stay motivated
3. 34% of Baby Boomers are overweight and 35% are obese
4. Consumers want diets that encourage healthy habits, include a wide variety of foods, and are easy to understand and follow
5. Dieters are increasingly using apps to track calories
Stella Rising is the top independent media, marketing services, and business consulting firm for rising star brands. We drive growth through our insights framework, understanding of the consumer and brand landscape, and extensive experience in beauty, food, health, and retail.