- Aided Awareness +15.25 points
- Purchase intent +8.30 points
- HH penetration grew +.05 points
- +20% Sales connected to media impact
At Stella Rising, we thrive when collaborating with the brands driving excitement and change within industries experiencing disruption. The food and beverage category, with grocery wars, new players, lifestyle changes, and abundant consumer attitude shifts, is definitely experiencing disruptive growth. Grocery retail specifically is predicted to hit $700B in the next five years, and while only approximately 23% of Americans purchase their groceries online now, digital is increasingly important throughout the consumer journey. Therefore, when a premium snack client approached us to support sales growth, we applied an integrated approach to drive an over 20% increase in sales driven by media.
- As a leading brand in the high-growth snack segment, our client needed to both defend its position in the marketplace and increase purchase in order to grow. The challenge was connecting with the right consumer and changing how that consumer viewed the product. As an elevated snack, it seemed too special, rather than for every day. The solution lay in a highly engaging campaign that portrayed the product as accessible, enjoyable, and healthy. After identifying the affluent millennial snacker as our top consumer, we reached them through a playful messaging campaign, executed across multiple digital channels, aligned with our target’s lifestyle and behaviors. The strategy was mobile and social-first to intercept and connect and incorporated rich cross-platform digital video to launch our story
- A powerful element to this campaign was the mix of premium and programmatic video. Examples of premium video channels were Hulu and YouTube; those sources fueled context and aligned with consumer’s passions. Simultaneously, programmatic video worked to identify the right person, at the right place, at the right time. The two strategies together, working in concert, were delivered cross-device and drove compelling results.
The results were significant: the brand experienced a 15.25 points increase in aided awareness and 8.30 points uptick in purchase intent. The colorful campaign drove .05 point lift in HH penetration, and launched our client towards greater revenue and a refreshed consumer perception.
Seeking to drive your brand to greater heights? Connect with us to discuss strategy, media, strong digital marketing, and advanced research tactics.
Sources: Netbase May 2019, Mintel Better for You Eating Trends 2018, Glimmer Survey 2018