Beauty has always been a leading category on YouTube, but in the past year it’s experienced dramatic growth. In 2016, there was a 65% increase in total makeup and haircare views on the platform and the boom shows no signs of slowing down. In our infographic, we explore how YouTube is doing more than teaching women the tricks to magnificent makeup, it's shaping brand preferences and the opportunity for brands has never been greater.
5 Facts About The Beauty Category on YouTube
1. There are more than 5 billion makeup and haircare videos on YouTube
2. The YouTube beauty audience is 75% female and 47% are 13-24
3. Skincare is the fastest-growing sub-category
4. Optimal length for a makeup video is 4 minutes
5. Makeup tutorials are the top beauty category
Women’s Marketing is the leading marketing services agency for emerging and high-growth brands. We offer a deep understanding of how women consume, engage, and take action with media, with unmatched expertise in beauty. Contact us today to learn how our suite of marketing and social media services can amplify your brand's message.
Stella Rising is the top independent media, marketing services, and business consulting firm for rising star brands. We drive growth through our insights framework, understanding of the consumer and brand landscape, and extensive experience in beauty, food, health, and retail.