Americans are addicted to snacking! Ninety-one percent of consumers say they snack multiple times a day and snacking now accounts for half of all eating occasions. Increasingly, consumers are reaching for salty snacks instead of the sweet stuff as they perceive them to be healthier. In the past year, the salty snack category grew by 30% and, as consumers continue to replace meals with snacks, the opportunity for brands continues to grow. In our infographic, we look at the trends in food and beverage marketing and what gets Millennials and Generation Z to try new brands.
Six Ways to Get Millennials and Generation Z to Try A New Product
1. create an interesting flavor or reinvent a perennial favorite
2. offer sampling opportunities
3. develop a couponing campaign
4. invest in innovative packaging and appealing graphic design
5. become a trusted brand through ingredient and manufacturing transparency
6. get people talking about your brand on social media - product recommendations go a long way in building awareness, trust, and trial
Stella Rising is the top independent media, marketing services, and business consulting firm for rising star brands. We drive growth through our insights framework, understanding of the consumer and brand landscape, and extensive experience in beauty, food, health, and retail.